Pro onlyDatasets from Google Sheets
When creating a new Dataset, you can choose to load it from a Google Sheets file. Doing so will also sync automatically at a specified interval in hours (24 by default) so you will always have the latest data added to Fake Data.
To add a new Dataset from Google Sheets, follow the next steps:
- Open Fake Data's options page.
- Go to Settings -> Developer Options -> Datasets.
- Click on "Add a new Dataset".
- Click on Google Sheets tab.
- Paste the URL of your Google Sheets file, then click "Next".
- Press on "Sign in with Google" button and follow the instructions for authentication with your Google account.
- Once completed, Fake Data should reopen automatically and allow you to continue the process.
- Type a name that you want for your dataset and choose the Sheet that you want to import.
- Optionally choose how often the selected spreadsheet should update. Default is 24 hours. You can set
0(zero) hours in order to disable syncing.
- Press Save.
If you disable automatic syncing (by setting it to sync every 0 hours), you can still manually sync by pressing the "Sync now" button.
If the dataset was added successfully, you should see a table with the data that was imported in Fake Data.