Change the action of the extension icon
By default, when you click on the extension icon in your browser, Fake Data will open a popup from where you can perform several actions.
If you don't like this behavior, you can always change it from the Settings page:
- Open Fake Data's Options page
- Go to Settings
Pressing Fake Data icon will do the following actiondropdown, choose your preferred action:
- Show Fake Data Popup: Will display the default popup page.
- Open Options page: Will open Fake Data's options page.
- Fill current active input: Will fill the selected input field from your page, if there is any selected.
- Fill current active form: Will fill the entire form that belongs to the selected input field from your page, if any. If your input field is not inside a <form> tag, then only the input will be filled.
- Fill entire page: Will fill all the input fields in the page.
- When done, make sure to save the changes.
If you choose any of the last three options, and then want to open the options page again, you can do the following depending on your browser:
- Chrome: right-click on the extension icon -> choose "Options"
- Edge: right-click on the extension icon -> choose "Extension Options"
- Firefox: right-click on the extension icon -> choose "Manage Extension" -> then click on three dots -> click on Preferences.